About Full Path
At Full Path, we believe that effective and equitable transit services are essential to healthy and productive communities. Our mission is to help community transportation providers think about and use technology effectively. We provide transit technology consulting services based on our deep knowledge of the community transit field. Our services are aimed at reducing risk, maximizing the investment of public resources, and expanding the capacity of agencies to provide transportation options to the public. Recent projects include developing a simple scheduling tool using Google App Scripts, assessing technology use at small transit agencies, writing a white paper on making technology decisions, forming an advisory group that guided the creation of data standards that will increase equity in transit, creating training curriculum and assessment tools, and blogging and podcasting about technology, mobility management, and other topics.
You can learn more about Full Path’s work, values, and approach on our blog, particularly our “Hello World” manifesto.
About the Position
This position will be joining as the only employee, working closely with Full Path’s owner and founder Kevin Chambers along with contractors and industry partners. We are hoping to find someone with the organizational skills and experience to take on the day-to-day operations tasks, administrative tasks, and some project management. However, given the current high demand for the expertise Full Path provides, the person in this role has the potential to grow with the company and according to their specific strengths and interests.
The position will include a combination of the duties listed here:
- Project management and task tracking, including but not limited to project scheduling, workload management, and development and maintenance of tracking processes/systems
- Administrative tasks, such as scheduling meetings, compiling meeting notes/minutes, and invoicing
- Developing and implementing systems to support the growth of the business
- Writing and editing for varied audiences and in various styles, including client assessments/recommendations, marketing materials and project proposals, training materials, white papers, website and social media posts, and more
The position could include, if the individual in this role is interested/qualified:
- Face-to-face meetings and coordination with public transit agencies, DOTs, and vendors
- Transit technology research
- Basic coding/software development
- Business growth/strategic planning
- Excited about our mission and interested in transportation/transit technology
- Comfortable with computers, data, and learning new technologies
- Organization and the ability to multitask to complete a wide variety of tasks
- A discerning eye for details and a commitment to high-quality work products
- Demonstrated ability to manage your own time, ask appropriate questions, and work independently
These are qualifications that would be beneficial to this job. However, if you are excited about the position and only meet the required qualifications, you should go ahead and apply.
- Experience with public transit operations, design, data, planning, or management
- Experience with data management, relational databases, or spreadsheets
- Experience with any of the following: state departments of transportation, local transportation providers, human services organizations, or healthcare providers
- Experience with invoicing/budgeting processes
- Project management
- Experience with small businesses and business growth
- Familiarity with Google Workspace and Google Apps Script
- Technical writing and research experience
- Experience working remotely
- Relevant education
Full Path values diversity and an inclusive work environment. We welcome applications regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, pronouns, sexual orientation, religion, political affiliation, age, disability, or veteran status. If you are invested in our mission and interested in this position we encourage you to apply.
This is an hourly position that will vary between 25 and 35 hours per week, with compensation ranging from $30 to $40 per hour depending on educational attainment and professional experience. We offer paid time off that is available after 90 days of employment and accrues at 1 hour per 15 hours worked, up to 120 hours per year. Full Path is in the process of researching and implementing additional benefits.
Flexible Hours/Remote Work
Full Path supports a very flexible work environment and all staff work remotely. In the future when it is safe to do so it is possible that the person in this position may attend in-person meetings, trainings, or conferences. Timing of work hours may vary as long as you attend meetings and are generally available to other staff members during reasonable hours.
We are happy to accommodate folks with scheduling needs such as students with part-time or evening classes or parents with childcare needs.
Please send a cover letter and resume as PDF attachments to jobs[at]fullpath.io.